Skydance Animation is seeking a Senior Pipeline Engineer to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications and libraries for the global feature animation pipeline. The ideal candidate should have a BS degree in Computer Science or 4+ years of working experience, relevant scripting experience in Python and PyQt, experience working with a source version control system, solid engineering skills, and experience working in production pipelines using USD and its integration into Houdini(Solaris), Maya, Nuke, and other digital content creation applications. The Senior Pipeline Engineer will work with a team to deliver high-quality software in a fast-paced, dynamic, and deadline-oriented environment. Skydance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
At Skydance, we believe that art challenges technology, and technology inspires art. As an engineer, you can make a difference. Both by overcoming the challenges that art poses to technology and by creating a new technology based on bold and fresh ideas that can spark and stimulate the imagination of the creatives.
As a Senior Pipeline Engineer, you will define, develop, test, analyze and maintain software applications and libraries for the global feature animation pipeline by employing industry best practices. You will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle. As a senior engineer, you will provide guidance, help to the other engineers.
If problem-solving and creating something concrete and productive out of logical thinking sounds interesting to you then we need you.
- Design, develop, test, deploy the proprietary software used in concurrent film productions.
- Analyze and assess existing workflows and procedures related to the company Pipeline.
- Liaise with network administrators and system analysts to assist in resolving problems with hardware, software products, or company software systems.
- Keep up on current methodologies and on technology trends and tools that best suit the production and the company.
- Follow the team's technical guidelines.
- Work together with the team providing them with support, guidance, and instruction in areas that contribute towards their professional growth.
- Follow the Supervisor’s and Lead's guidance.
- Mentor new members of the team.
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
- BS degree in Computer Science or 4+ years of working experience, preferably in animation.
- Relevant scripting experience in Python and PyQt.
- Experience working with a source version control system (Git preferred).
- Solid engineering skills, with an appreciation of code craft, quality, and technical debt management.
- Ability to work with a team to deliver high-quality software in a fast-paced, dynamic, and deadline oriented.
- Experience working in production pipelines using USD and its integration into Houdini(Solaris), Maya, Nuke, and other digital content creation applications.
- Experience working with ASWF libraries including OpenColorIO, OpenVDB, and OpenTimelineIO
- Proficient in English.
#LI-MF1 #Animation #LI-Hybrid
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location: Madrid, Spain
Date found: 2023-03-17