This job is for an experienced Physics Programmer to join the Crysis 4 (Working Title) team. Responsibilities include maintaining and extending the existing physics framework and tools, evaluating and integrating third-party solutions, working closely with designers, artists and programmers, designing and developing new features, and writing clear, maintainable and robust code. Requirements include 3+ years of programming experience in game physics development, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience, advanced programming skills in C++, strong software engineering and debugging skills, good 3D math skills, and expertise in rigid-body dynamics, collision response, and simulations. Location options include coming to the modern headquarters in Frankfurt, working remotely from a European Union member state, or working remotely from any other country outside of the European Union. Benefits include home office, work-life balance, career path, company apartment, relocation support, public transport pass, gym card, international environment, German classes, and vacation days.
We are looking for an experienced Physics Programmer to join our Crysis 4 (Working Title) team. You would help us maintain and improve our physics code and to integrate third-party solutions.
*For a careful evaluation of your application, we kindly ask you to send us your resume and a portfolio.*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Maintain and extend the existing physics framework and tools.
- Evaluate and integrate alternative third-party solutions such as PhysX.
- Work closely with designers, artists and programmers to improve the physics system and support them in its application and tuning.
- Design and develop new features and integrate them with existing physics, animation and AI systems.
- Plan development in coordination with project management.
- Write clear, maintainable and robust code.
- Test, debug, optimize and document your implementations.
- 3+ years of programming experience in game physics development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Advanced programming skills in C++.
- Strong software engineering and debugging skills.
- Good 3D math skills.
- Expertise in rigid-body dynamics, collision response, and simulations as applied in game development.
- Ability to learn and master a large existing code base.
- Ability to investigate and learn about new techniques and adapt them to project requirements.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with animators, artists, designers, testers, and other developers.
- Game development experience, including having shipped a PC or console title.
- Familiarity with third-party physics engines such as PhysX.
- Experience with multi-threading.
- Xbox One and PS4 programming experience.
- Experience with profiling, low level optimizations and fixing stability issues.
What you can expect from us
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio.
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.
Apply for this job
Location: Frankfurt & Remote
Date found: 2023-02-18