The People Partner will partner one or multiple internal client group(s) becoming a trusted advisor on all operational people matters. The People Partner will be developed to deliver a strategic business partnering service, supported and led by a senior member of the People Partnering team.
The People Partner is a valued member of the People Partnering team, which is responsible for providing expert strategic and technical HR advice to our business units and corporate functions.
As the trusted advisor for your client group you will:
As the conduit between the business and P&C:
Data can be our most important asset:
HR Operating Model
Enact service excellence:
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Experience in Human Resources, ideally 3+ years
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources Management
- CHRP designation will be considered an asset
- Background working for tech companies is ideal, particularly in the start-up or scale-up phase
- A natural communicator with the ability to make the complex simple
- Ability to work autonomously with little or no supervision as well as part of a team that values collaboration
- Ability to be comfortable with flux and manage change in an effective way
- A results oriented mindset who can take big ideas away, synthesise them down into plans and execute on them
- Building trust. Demonstrates honesty; keeps commitments; behaves in a consistent manner.
- Confidentiality. Handles confidential information without breaking trust or confidences.
- Applied learning. Readily absorbs and comprehends new information from formal and informal learning experiences.
- Communication skills. Proactively communicates; informs others of what they need to know. Utilises oral and written communication to enhance relationships across the organisation. Capably articulates thoughts and ideas in speaking and listens carefully to others.
- Problem analysis and problem solving. Uses sound or logical judgement to spot and analyse problems, develop alternative solutions and initiate corrective action.
- Interpersonal skills. Demonstrates clear, professional, and respectful communications in all interactions, consistent with an inclusive work environment. Treats others with dignity and respect.
VGW Canada Inc. is committed to building an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. VGW Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please advise our Talent Acquisition Specialist in advance should accommodation be required. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada