PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As Paralegal, Privacy you’ll work closely with the business and will be a crucial member of the global Legal team. You’ll operate independently in appropriate matters and build strong relationships with business stakeholders and within the global Legal team. A good fit will be curious and keen to learn and will love technology and being part of a team. You will be joining a well-respected team that covers a lot of ground supporting PlayStation’s business, so this role has great potential for the right candidate to grow their level of experience, responsibility, and confidence.
What you’ll be doing:
Supporting the Privacy Legal team and the business on all aspects of privacy law, including:
- Working with internal stakeholders to continuously develop and audit PlayStation’s privacy compliance program, including by creating Data Protection Impact Assessments and Records of Processing Activities, and reviewing and responding to consumer and law enforcement requests.
- Reviewing privacy terms, including as part of contract negotiations, and updating templates, notices, and signed contracts as required by privacy laws and regulations.
- Supporting continuous privacy process improvement and simplification efforts, including developing and publishing guidance, self-service resources, and training for the Legal team and the business.
What we're looking for:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant Paralegal experience – either in-house or at a law firm.
- Knowledge of GDPR, the Data Protection Act and the e-Privacy Directive.
- Experience developing and/or implementing privacy compliance programmes and/or using One Trust would be beneficial.
- Ability to collaborate closely with members of the Legal team globally to provide practical and pragmatic feedback for business stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Keeping up-to-speed with developments in the law and regulation relevant to the role and sharing knowhow as appropriate within the global Legal team.
- Strong research and organisational skills and ability to multi-task and optimally assess priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to assess when to escalate to other team members.
- Ability to prioritise and manage projects from inception through to completion with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and ability to adjust your communication style to reflect the needs of different internal audiences.
- Willingness to dive into ambiguous issues and situations, requiring you to be a creative problem solver.
- Experience in the entertainment industry and/or with technology and video games is a plus (but not essential).
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Hybrid Working (within Flexmodes)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United Kingdom, London
Country: United Kingdom