Insomniac Games is looking for an Outsourcing Environment Artist to join our team! We want you to act as a bridge between our internal teams and external partners by maintaining a positive relationship through direct communication and creating actionable feedback to ensure AAA quality asset development. This position is open to remote work from approved states in the United States and Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide feedback, apply fixes, and ensure consistent quality across outsourced content as well as provide asset support for various disciplines.
- Create comprehensive Outsourcing packages to send to external art vendors, with guidance from the Outsource Lead, and the Outsource Manager.
- Guide vendors through Insomniac Games pipeline/workflow which includes prop, vehicles, weapons, building kits, foliage and materials, under guidance and direction from the Outsource Lead, Outsource Manager, Art Director, and Lead Artists.
- Work closely with internal artists to stablish healthy working relationships to ensure communication, information, and proper feedback with external vendors is achieved.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience: 5-7 years related experience and/or training; and/or combination of education and experience. Prior experience working with external vendors is required.
Technical Skills: Strong skills in modeling, baking and UV layout in Maya, Max, or equivalent. Strong skills in texture and material creation with Photoshop, Substance Painter, Substance Designer. Experience with ZBrush.
Other Skills: Creating models and shaders for a range of art directions, from photorealistic to stylized. Meeting deadlines under tight schedules. Multitasking and self-prioritizing to-do lists. Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team.
What does it take to be an Insomniac? A true passion for game development, especially for the types of games we create. The ability to thrive in the rapid pace of an exciting studio. The imagination to deliver amazing player experiences. Sound like you? We can’t wait to hear from you!
To learn more about our company culture, our games, and view a list of approved remote work locations, visit our careers site at www.insomniac.games/careers
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed