Frontier, an independent developer and publisher of video games, is seeking an Operations Project Manager to join their team in Cambridge, England. The role involves managing multiple projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and to a high standard, liaising with stakeholders, identifying project risks, and implementing appropriate mitigations and resolutions. The ideal candidate should have experience in operations support, project management, or a related field, excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, and knowledge of project management systems and organizational planning tools. Frontier offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidized catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme, and free bike servicing, and social events.
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
Purpose of the Role:
As part of our continued growth, we have an opportunity for an Operations Project Manager to join our core Operations team to help facilitate and coordinate on-time delivery of cross-departmental projects.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be accountable for overseeing project delivery through analysis, development, milestones, and transitions to business-as-usual.
We develop great games, which pushes us to the cutting edge of technology and entertainment, and you will play a pivotal role in delivering solutions to support the needs of our teams.
- Manage multiple projects in-line with industry standards, processes and governance through the project delivery lifecycle.
- Ensure projects are scoped effectively with clear deliverables, executed on time, to agreed specification and quality, providing regular progress reports to sponsors and stakeholders throughout.
- Liaise with senior stakeholders to analyse, implement and champion standardisation, improvements, efficiency and effectiveness across the company.
- Develop and implement project management procedures and methodologies, adopting appropriate planning tools to achieve business goals.
- Identify project risks, recommending and implementing appropriate mitigations and resolutions.
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure projects are delivered on time to a high standard
- Use project management systems and organisational planning tools to prioritise workload and ensure effective and efficient project delivery.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of new policies, processes, and procedures to improve operational efficiency.
- Demonstrable experience in operations support, project management or a related field.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder managementskills, with the ability to build relationships and influence our people across all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of project management systems and organisational planning tools.
- Previousexperience in a similar role within games or another software development industry is desirable but not essential.
- Able to lead meetings effectively in a hybrid-working environment.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Location: Cambridge Hybrid /
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-03-23