The Operational Excellence team at Magic Leap is seeking an Operational Excellence Engineer to drive continuous improvement activities using best manufacturing practices, six sigma, and lean manufacturing methodology in a cleanroom type manufacturing environment. The responsibilities include facilitating Kaizen teams, planning and executing operational excellence-related activities, coaching operators and supervisors on Lean Six Sigma implementation, project management, cross-functional collaboration, tracking and reporting team progress, analyzing data, performing complex root cause analysis, leading culture change, deploying business processes, managing and tracking multiple projects, and demonstrating excellent communication and teamwork skills. The qualifications include a minimum of 8 years of experience as a Manufacturing Engineer or equivalent, demonstrated application of Lean and Six Sigma tools, a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent, and proficiency in MS Suite and AutoCAD. The salary range for this position is $123,000-$172,000 USD.
The Operational Excellence team in Magic Leap is looking for a motivated and committed Operational Excellence Engineer. The person will be responsible to drive continuous improvement activities using best in class manufacturing practices, six sigma and lean manufacturing methodology in a cleanroom type manufacturing environment.
- Helps others to see problems within the process and develops/ empowers people to solve problems that result in high value results and commitment to process improvement
- Facilitate Kaizen teams across the plant
- Responsible for the planning and execution of operational excellence related activities such as: 6S (5S + Safety), Standard Work, and Problem Solving
- Will be a coach for operators and supervisors on Lean Six Sigma implementation
- Responsible for project management including communication, implementation, cost/benefit analysis, and resource allocation
- Effectively work cross functionally with all departments
- Track and report team progress through KPI metrics and presentations
- Analyze Data coming from the tools to develop Predictive Maintenance, Control Critical parameters coming from the tool to assess control Line Performance
- Model Manufacturing Line in terms of Cycle Time, Operator assignment, Flow, Yield effect, OEE and Kanban calculations.
- Perform complex root cause analysis including Multi Factorial DOE, t-test, ANOVA, Correlation, Ishikawa diagram.
- Define the optimal signals logic flow between complex automation systems to ensure best in class flow of product through highly automated line
- Ability to lead Complex and Cross Functional Lean Six Sigma Activities
- Ability to Lead culture change across multiple department of the organization
- Ability to deploy Business Process across multiple department of the Organization
- A positive self-starter who can train, coach, evaluate and reinforce continuous improvement across all levels within the company
- Ability to manage and track multiple projects simultaneously and adjust priorities to meet changing business needs
- Demonstrates high energy, professional confidence and the ability to drive results
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently or with a team
- Must have excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Must demonstrate independent problem solving skills
- MS Suite
- Ability to travel when needed to other facilities
- Minimum 8-year of experience as a Manufacturing Engineer or equivalent
- Lean and Six Sigma Tools demonstrated application
- Bachelors degree in Industrial engineering or equivalent
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, and a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
US Base Salary Range
Location: Plantation, FL
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-04-11