At Amber, we're always on the hunt for the most talented individuals in the industry to join our team. We're dedicated to delivering top-notch service to our customers and know that our employees are key to making that happen. We offer attractive compensation packages and plenty of chances to grow with us, and we're always on the lookout for ways to do things better. Our team works together towards common goals and we value each member's contributions to our mission of continuous improvement and innovation.
About the role
We are looking for an Online Engineer with a clever mind and a fierce eye!
As an Online Engineer, you will be working in cross-functional teams to design and implement high-performance back-end solutions for our awesome games.
- Collaborate with our DevOps team to define back-end strategy and architecture for our games.
- Create and implement back-end deployment strategies.
- Develop and maintain back-end solutions for a high number of concurrent users and fast response times.
- Actively participate in sprint planning meetings.
- Ensure that all relevant parties are aligned on task specifications.
- Constantly communicate with your teammates to flag and alleviate risks.
- Help the team improve the game quality by eliminating waste from the development process.
- Design, develop, deploy and monitor backend features and APIs for our games.
- Create and maintain CI automated tests for the back-end solution.
- Document system specifications.
- 3+ years of back-end architectural design and development experience.
- Proficient with scalable server-side programming (concurrency / synchronization and distributed systems).
- Deep knowledge of database design and optimization.
- Strong knowledge of at least one cloud computing service like AWS, Azure or similar.
- Strong practical knowledge of current server technologies like REST, SOAP or similar.
- Strong knowledge of at least one mainstream server programming language like Python, C#, Java, NodeJS or PHP.
Nice to have:
- Experience with development on mobile platforms and for a high number of concurrent users.
- Practical experience with the lifecycle of a user query, from request to an API endpoint, up to updating cold storages reliably and consistently.
- Experience in collaborating with client-side engineers and implementing full-stack features (backend to client, end-to-end).
- Experience using Automated Test framework.
- Experience with container management tools like Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like Terraform.
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Additional Days Off - according to Amber’s internal policy.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary package with private medical services.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.
Location: Hybrid Remote<span>,</span> Craiova, Romania