Studio: SEARCHLIGHT – Third Party Studio
Country: Canada, Montreal
We’re pleased to be promoting an exciting opportunity for a Network Programmer to join an award winning independent third-party studio based in Montreal (Quebec), Canada. The successful applicant will be joining a dynamic passionate and diverse team working on an exciting and innovative new project.
The studio specialize in building their own IPs, targeted at consoles and PCs. Driven by a passion for our craft and a strong foundation of design methodology, they focus on fostering innovation and delivering awesome experiences to their players.
The studio position themselves as a meaningful and positive influence on the field they love, through the games made, but also through the way they make these games. Developing a video game can be an amazing experience, and as such, they strive to foster a positive and stimulating environment where everyone has an opportunity to grow in their craft. The studio value autonomy, initiative and ownership; believe in collaboration and think everyone in the team should have a voice in shaping the games they deliver.
The studio offers competitive salary, as well as great conditions: insurance, attention to work-life balance, very generous vacations package, and much more.
- Responsible for online, programming, testing and maintaining game features and systems.
- Work closely with designers to understand and comply with functional and gameplay requirements
- Responsible for all code and for technical implementation.
- Mentor junior programmers
- Help the project manager to estimate working time and plan tasks, and follow up with other team members involved in specific features to ensure a quality and timely delivery.
- Networking programming
- Netcode (replication and/or Remote Procedure Calls)
- Knowledge of lag compensation
- Handling of sockets and packets, NAT punchthroughs
- Debugging and troubleshooting of network issues
Essential Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience as a programmer
- Shipped at least 2 games
- Autonomous and flexible
- Good communication skills
- Good collaboration skills
- Capable of receiving and collecting feedback, improving and iterating on features
- Must have meme proficiency
- Experience in UE4
- Experience in C++
Location: Montreal, Canada