Network Engineer - Cloud Computing
Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Wizards is hiring a Network Cloud Engineer to build and deliver engineering design and implementation plans for our corporate network. Primary focus for this position is to design, implement, and sustain solutions and evolution for our public, private, and hybrid cloud network infrastructure that supports our products and services. This individual will bridge the gap between traditional enterprise networking and public/private cloud solutions. Engineering designs must be flexible and scalable to support the network services for both on premises and cloud-based services. Familiarity with network automation using Python, Puppet, JSON, Terraform, Rest API’s, and other technologies preferred.
What you'll do:
- Accountable for networking to include routing, switching, firewall (stateful/stateless), network monitoring and management.
- Design, configure, implement, and solve problems in AWS and Azure.
- Work with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and similar cloud services designing, configuring, provisioning, and deploying solutions specifically at the network layer.
- Collaborate with other IT teams (e.g., Storage, Platform, Application) to fix and resolve sophisticated problems.
- Drive improvements through full life cycle from concept to final implementation and support
- Participate in disaster recovery development, exercises, and actual events.
- Participate in 24x7 on call rotation and assist in resolving issues outside normal business hours.
- Maintain systems and documentation as needed for audits and compliance.
- Keep technical skills current and remain abreast of new technologies.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 5 years of equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience with networking technologies and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, wireless, and distributed networks).
- Cloud Networking Technology: AWS, Azure, Internet Gateways (IGW’s), Virtual Private Networks (VPN’s).
- Software-Defined Network (SDN) and Software-Defined WAN (SDWAN) deployment experience Proactive, independent problem-solver who likes to be challenged, continuously learning.
- Ability to work and communicate optimally with remote teams.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, written and verbal communication skills.
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.), Cisco, Juniper, Security+ certifications preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.