Who are Timbre Games?
Timbre Games is a Vancouver based early-stage game development studio with over 100 years of founding leadership. We believe culture drives creative, where we draw on community and diversity to build truly unique experiences.
Our mission is to build a world class network of Game Studios; to provide accessible awesomeness to our players, to our team, to the world.
Everyone has a story. Come write yours!
Engineering at Timbre Games
We are the tinkerers, the innovators, and the explorers. We enable the team to pursue our vision of diverse and accessible AAA games. Utilizing Unreal Engine 5, we’re pushing the games we make to technical excellence. We are lifelong learners, leaning on both internal expertise and external inspiration to continue our path of growth and development. We have a keen eye for best practices and beautiful code and make investigation, knowledge sharing and mentoring a priority.
We value interdisciplinary collaboration and creative contributions. AND YES – WE'RE OPEN TO APPLICATIONS FROM TALENTED HUMANS AT ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS!
Multiplayer Gameplay Engineers use their knowledge of networking and replication to unite our players beyond their geographical bounds.
As a Multiplayer Gameplay Engineer, you:
- Develop and optimize multiplayer gameplay systems like rollback and prediction to help our games be great!
- Collaborate with other members of Design and Engineering to ensure multiplayer systems are responsive, accurate, and fair
- Collaborate with team members of various disciplines to review proposed features and develop those features from prototype to production
- Write beautiful C++ code that is clean, clear, performant and aligns with coding best practices
- Support our studio culture and values by mentoring other programmers on best practices and learnings
Your Track Record Might Include:
- Solid experience building multiplayer systems in Unreal
- Experience working with dedicated server, listen server and hybrid online/couch co-op architecture
- Experience with data structures, game logic and algorithms
- A demonstrated passion and curiosity to understand how multiplayer systems work and their impact on player experience
About Timbre Games:
Timbre Games are headed up by industry veterans in beautiful Vancouver, BC. Our experience stretches through mobile to AAA (think Gears of War, the Sims, SSX, FIFA, Age of Empires, among others!). We’re excited to build a ‘playoff ready’ studio that is centered on creativity, humour and diversity. We can’t wait to share our first project that we’re secretly working away on, and we welcome your application with open arms as we grow a world-class studio here in Canada!
· Competitive salary & benefits
· Annual bonus & RRSP matching
· 20 days paid vacation, plus Christmas week off
· Remote / Work from home / Flexible hours
· Open door policy with direct access to leadership
· Industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre Game’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered. We believe that culture drives creative, we value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equality, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
We Welcome ALL to Apply.
At Timbre Games, we believe that Culture drives Creative and we celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create! If you are excited about what we’re building at Timbre Games, we want to hear from you, even if you don’t think you check all the boxes!
If you believe you are who we’re looking for, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job
Location: Timbre Games, Vancouver
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed