ProbablyMonsters is looking for a creative, technical, and collaborative Multiplayer Client/Server Engineer. You will join a team focusing on action game play, world building, level design, AI, and character design during the early phases of game development.
We are seeking a Multiplayer Client/Server Engineer who is experienced in in writing client code which talks to multiplayer gaming services. Being able to implement features such as game invites, parties, voice chat, presence, matchmaking, achievements, etc. We are in an early phase of development where exploration and innovation happen quickly and are balanced against building tools and hardening the core game. We are all enthusiastic about helping to shape a culture of collaboration and trust while creating best-in-class action game experiences.
The salary range for this position is $117,300 – $176,000. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.
WHO YOU ARE:
- An engineer with experience working on one or more multiplayer titles.
- Unwavering in your desire to create a positive and inclusive work culture.
- Excited to work with a growing team bringing your expertise and learning from other experienced developers.
- Relishes in creating novel solutions to difficult problems, while understanding the value in the tried-and-true.
- Collaborative; excited to learn, teach, and have discourse with professionals of all backgrounds. Skilled at giving and receiving feedback on game development and interpersonal interactions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design and implement multiplayer features such as game invites, parties, voice chat, presence, and achievements.
- Work with other client / server engineer(s) on requirements on internal and external service partners.
- Mange sprint tasks and work with other engineers and production to identify and prioritize milestones goals breaking down work into tasks.
- Work with team to develop roadmap for client / server features for production
- Proactively seek feedback on feature work to ensure it meets the objectives of the project.
- 3+ years of professional experience in the game industry as a software engineer.
- Experience working in a Client-Server networking model.
- Practical knowledge in talking to online services from client and server code.
- Strong understanding and experience with C/C++.
- Experience working with a team of diverse disciplines.
- Experience working within Unreal Engine.
- Experience shipping features in a video game through all stages of development and servicing.
- Experience with online gaming platforms (Steam, Xbox LIVE, PSN etc.).
- Experience with cloud infrastructure deployment (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure Services).
- Experience with Linux server development and deployment.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package, including a sign-on bonus; annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is an independent AAA video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games. We secured the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, life-long careers while delivering industry-defining games within a healthy, rewarding culture.
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Country: United States