Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
As a Material Artist at 31st Union, your passion, knowledge and experience will be integral to the look and style of a new generation of player driven experiences derived by your ability to create high-quality materials and textures that bring life to the worlds we build. With technical skill and artistic understanding, you will help us build a library of materials to be used by all art disciplines. Your ability to collaborate on tasks as well as your proactive approach to material creation will be key to meeting our goals in an optimal time frame.
- Create visually stunning textures and materials for physically-based render pipeline
- Work closely with the key contributors to construct, oversee and maintain the material library
- Work with Engineering and Material Technical Artists to reach scalable performance while still pushing the boundaries of visual quality
- Collaborate with technical stakeholders in designing and improving material pipelines
- Collaborate with 3D artists, designers and other development teams to understand and meet content creator needs of the game.
- Help mentor material artists to improve authored texture and material quality and efficiency.
- Help establish the look and tone of materials for a beautiful new game!
Who you are:
You are an experienced Materials Artist with strong knowledge in materials and shading. You are proficient at creating both stylized and PBR materials in both Substance Designer and Substance Painter with expert knowledge in node-based material editors, tiling layered materials, shader networks and procedural texturing. You possess a keen ability to communicate and collaborate across disciplines sharing ideas and articulating visions. You are inspired by growth and excellence and thrive on sharing your knowledge with your teammates while continually honing your craft. Iterating, communicating and creating together is what drives your passion for art and games. You are knowledgeable in all the tools, techniques and asset creation pipelines: UE4, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Photoshop, ZBrush, modeling, baking, texturing, UV creation, unwrapping. You have created a gorgeous portfolio that showcases your ability to create and apply high quality materials to assets.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Location: València, Valencia, Spain