At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for talented Material Artists who possess a passion for texture and material creation. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We use a creative eye and technical skill to bring the game world to life, creating high quality, physically based materials to help create a pleasing and coherent world.
- We collaborate in the creation of a material library and are involved with multiple art departments.
- Create photorealistic textures and materials.
- Assist every art team on specific tasks.
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and technical consistency for real time game applications.
- Keep artistic style consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into the production pipeline.
- Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered.
- Sound knowledge and use of texturing techniques in the video game or VFX industries.
- Demonstrable experience with Substance Designer, Substance Painter, 3DS Max and Photoshop.
- Good understanding of physically based materials and real time engines.
- Experience in photorealistic texture creation with Substance Designer, Painter and Photoshop.
- Experience of asset creation (tile and baked assets).
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Interest in real time shader creation and lighting.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed