At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games International is seeking an Marketing & Communications manager to assist in the growth of our business in Japan. Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Director, who is based in Singapore; this candidate will have a deep understanding of Japanese players alongside a breadth of experience bringing western products and live services to market.
This is a full-time permanent position based in our Take-Two Tokyo office.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar International publishing team in Singapore support the growth of the business in Asia in addition to the day-to-day management of our regional markets.
- We collaborate closely with our regional Take-Two Sales, Operations, finance, legal and HR counterparts to support all facets of the Rockstar business in Asia.
- We manage product launches for high-profile console, PC and portable gaming titles as well as our live service offerings – Grand Theft Auto & Red Dead Online.
- Support the growth of the Rockstar business in Japan. Build and develop a roadmap that leads to enhanced awareness of our brand, products and live services with Japanese players.
- By extension, create tailored product marketing strategies, focused on messaging and positioning, for our titles and live services in Japan.
- Work on a cross-functional basis with our European and International counterparts to deliver best in class campaigns that resonate with Japanese players.
- Maintain and leverage relationships with local partners, including but not limited to: Media, First-Party, Agencies (media, communications, licensing) and distributors.
- Represent and advocate for Rockstar in Japan – both internally and externally, as a core member of the Rockstar Asia team.
- Be our local expert on gaming and entertainment industry's trends, technologies and the competitive landscape.
- Support in the execution of media, lifestyle, industry and community events for the Japanese market.
- Native level Japanese, fluency in English (IELTS qualification or equivalent here are a plus).
- Subject matter expert, with a Degree &/or 5+years of professional experience in consumer marketing, preferably interactive entertainment.
- Expertise launching &/or managing Western brands/IP in the Japanese domestic market.
- Deep knowledge of regional/cultural landscape differences and similarities in the gaming communities of Japan and North America.
- Able to contribute towards our strategic planning efforts whilst also managing day-to-day domestic execution with excellence.
- A collaborative ethos working on multiple projects over extended periods, both in-person and on a remote basis.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Able to communicate effectively within a large publishing organisation with an action oriented mind-set.
- Strong presentation and organizational skills, in order to eloquently convey local insights and inform key decision makers.
- Creative thinker with the skills to analyse marketing challenges and develop effective marketing solutions.
- Detail and results-oriented self-starter with disciplined workflow practices.
- Comfortable providing actionable insight from internal data and consumer research.
- A passion for video games, the landscape and industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed