PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Software Development in Test
Are you passionate about high quality and have an eye for detail? Would you like to help ensure PlayStation software runs smoothly for developers and users? Do you want your work to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time?
Sony PlayStation’s SDK development group is looking for a motivated and creative hands-on manager to be responsible for a sophisticated testing team who can also develop creative tests and tools to verify PlayStation software’s functionality and features.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of managerial responsibilities by managing a team of SDET engineers for day to day PlayStation SDK testing activities.
- Drive staffing and recruitment effort by hiring engineers to grow our agile development engineering culture.
- Organize and lead meetings, knowledge-sharing, and guidance to grow your engineers.
- Work with development teams and partners to develop test strategy and craft test plans, test procedures and test reports.
- Keep up to date with the developments in the latest engineering and technology, including attendance at conferences, seminars, and meet-ups.
- Build test applications to verify all levels software API functions and features. These applications or test-cases will be written in a combination of C/C++ and Python.
- Craft automated testing scripts for daily and release testing and integrate those to CI systems. Lead code reviews and establish coding standards.
- Design and build infrastructure for build and test automation. Typically this infrastructure will be built using Python.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent (MS CS is preferable)
- Proficient C/C++ and Python programming experience (2 years min.)
- Shown success in leading software development and/or development testing teams.
- Experience with different version control systems ex: Git, SVN, Perforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent development and debugging tools experience on Windows.
- Prior experience with PlayStation SDK development is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with different Audio and Video standards/technology is desirable for example spatial audio technology.
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed