Wizards Of The Coast
For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
We're seeking a Manager of Digital Reporting to help us pass our next $1B of growth. This motivated individual will have an innovative and growth mindset and will lead all digital accounting and reporting for our rapidly growing digital games portfolio. This newly created role will be responsible for the accuracy, completeness, and timely reporting of the digital game P&L’s. In addition, this individual will collaborate closely with the Digital FP&A team, providing support of multiple digital game P&L’s. They will be an effective communicator and partner to the digital Studio Leads and the Extended Leadership Team.
What You'll Do:
- Lead accounting and reporting (balance sheet, revenue recognition, cost of sales, etc.) and act as point of contact for all accounting aspects of our various digital games.
- Partner with our 1st and 2nd party development Studio Leads to be their primary support for all day-to-day accounting matters.
- Responsible for maintaining and reconciling digital product valuations and deferred revenues working in conjunction with the product Leads or Executive Producers to track and reconcile all revenues in accordance with industry and GAAP standards.
- Track and report all 3rd party development deal royalty calculations and coordinate with Studio Leads or Executive Producers to verify the P&L’s and royalty calculations, accruals, and payments.
- Own the accounting policies and ongoing tracking of all capitalized development costs for Wizards’ digital games currently in our portfolio and provide current and future depreciation calculations for each product’s individual P&L’s.
- Assure that all financial submissions to our parent company are accurate, timely, and in compliance with guidelines (both internal and GAAP) for external reporting of consolidated digital P&L’s.
- With our external auditors, research, learn, and apply emerging accounting and reporting policies of peer digital gaming company’s public filings to provide ongoing support and become our in-house expert on all digital product accounting and reporting.
- Provide financial input, review, and approvals for all Digital development contracts and agreements. Ensure all contracts are accounted for properly and be able to effectively communicate to Studio Leadership the application of those policies.
- Responsible for general ledger entries and general ledger reconciliations for our digital products.
- Provide vital information, documents to fulfill internal and external audit requests.
- Manage all non-SAP generated digital revenue including process writing, recognition and reporting.
- Be the primary point of contact for the Digital Entertainment and Licensing (E&L) group, providing support for our growing portfolio of highly profitable Digital E&L initiatives.
- Backup to financial reporting manager on global consolidated financial statements.
What You'll Bring:
- 5 or more years accounting experience in a digital environment with supervisory experience.
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, MBA, MS degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Strategic problem solving, strong planning, and interpersonal agility to drive continued business transformation.
- Ability communicate accounting and financial information and policies to non-financial collaborators.
- Ability to work at a detailed level and individual contributor.
- Ability to run multiple projects, have excellent attention to detail, and work effectively under deadlines.
- Strong systems proficiency, including Excel, SAP.
- Experience leading financial and cross functional teams.
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills and experience.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Location: Renton, WA
Country: United States