Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to assist with the day-to-day maintenance within our busy games development studio. The successful candidate will be working closely with our current Maintenance Technicians to provide 1st response to building system faults, reactive and planned maintenance activities and general repairs.
- Assist with planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner, ensuring maintenance procedures and safe systems of work are followed
- Monitoring of Building Management System to respond to faults and alarms
- Ensuring that statutory maintenance and testing obligations are undertaken and records are kept up-to-date
- Reporting faults during building defect period
- Supervising hard and soft FM contractors ensuring that they are health and safety compliant and follow site rules
- Responding to site requests via helpdesk system including but not limited to heating and ventilation and general site requests
- Statutory testing on building systems including but not limited to fire alarm and emergency lighting systems and recording of testing
- Performing daily housekeeping around the site ensuring that plant rooms are kept tidy
- Requirement to occasionally work out of hours when maintenance tasks cannot be completed during core hours
- Portable Appliance Testing
- General handyman tasks as and when required
- Dealing with plumbing and drainage issues
- Car park maintenance
- Assisting with manual handling, moving furniture and other items as and when required whilst assisting with internal desk moves.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability deal confidently with external contractors to ensure that Frontier Developments receives a good level of service and contracts are working safely
- Willingness to work flexibly as part of a small team
- Pro-active approach and can-do attitude
- Practical and hands-on approach to problem solving.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a similar role providing maintenance services to a busy office building
- Experience dealing with external suppliers and contractors
- An understanding and appreciation of health and safety in relation to this role
- Good IT skills
- Knowledge of legionella prevention and control
- Knowledge of HVAC systems would be advantageous.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Location: On-site – Cambridge
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed