PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
US English Localization QA Tester
At Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
San Diego, CA
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner DZConneX.
This is an entry level role and great for a recent grad!
PlayStation Studios QA supports all of the PlayStation Studios. We work closely with Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games, Sucker Punch, Bend Studio, Pixel Opus, San Diego Studio, Santa Monica Studio, Guerrilla Games, London Studio, Media Molecule, Team Asobi, Firesprite, Nixxes, Housemarque, Valkyrie Entertainment, Polyphony Digital, along with many ambitious external studios through XDev.
Come join us and be a part of the next great PlayStation Studios release!
As a Localization Tester, you will be making sure the audio and text in a video game are correct. You will need to have proficient level knowledge for the required languages (grammar, spelling, and punctuation), and strong attention to detail to find and provide corrections for errors. Occasionally, you will translate text for a video game or marketing.
Do you have a passion for languages and games? Do you enjoy finding linguistic mistakes in video games? Would you like to be part of an international team whose work has impact on players around the world? Then we would love to hear from you!
- Test software to ensure all localized assets are correct from linguistic, consistency and display points of view.
Localized assets review:
- Proof-read and correct translations before they are implemented into the games, ensuring that quality, accuracy, and consistency is maintained.
- Occasionally provide translations for games, the packaging text for console and peripherals.
- Assist other teams with general testing duties when required
- Assist with project and process related tasks
- Skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Fluency in English and Korean
- Passionate games player
- Good knowledge of computer games across multiple platforms
- Working knowledge of MS Office package
- Basic understanding of the development cycle and constraint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand Korean at Business level or above
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (needs to be able to communicate bugs – how did you find them? What exact steps are needed to make it happen again?)
- Basic to intermediate understanding of networking setup and hardware, as well as how its principles and components apply to modern console, PC, and mobile gaming localization
- Ability to work in both an individual and team environment
- Flexible schedule
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 1+ years of previous localization QA experience in a related field
- 4 year college degree
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed