The Pokémon Company International
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Associate Project Manager (Bilingual Japanese/English)
Job Summary: The Associate Project Manager (Bilingual Japanese/English) will work with the parent company and project stakeholders in Japan, US and Europe to ensure the smooth and timely localization of Pokémon mobile/console games within desired timeframe with maintaining its quality. This position requires excellent coordination and communication skills in both English and Japanese. Facilitate localization process, build and drive project schedule, accomplish tasks throughout project by working closely with internal and external project team members.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Manage coordination among relevant entities throughout the videogame localization process and content updates after the release.
- Ensure to provide localization deliverables timely by coordinating with team members and stakeholders.
- Support operation tasks by communicating with the relevant internal and external teams.
- Manage communications and scheduling of internal teams.
- Work as a main contact of localization, maintain and promote excellent relationships with developers and business partners.
- Ensure prompt and accurate communications with understanding Japanese and American business cultures.
- Seek to optimize and simplify workflow with a focus on continual improvement.
What you’ll bring
- Three (3) to four (4) years of project management experience
- Bachelors degree required.
- Video game localization experience.
- Experience presenting in both Japanese and English.
- Demonstrated knowledge of localization issues and cross-cultural awareness.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and ability to organize work effectively.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments, balance priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong team player in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $73,000.00 - $109,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. For this role, new hires generally start between $73,000.00 – $86,450.00. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa.
Internal Job Profile: Localization Specialist (IC2)
Location: Bellevue, Washington, United States
Country: United States