The Pokémon Company International
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Editor
- Job Summary: Ensures consistency in editorial style and alters text to maintain readability and appropriate written tone.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Editing and copyediting a variety of company-wide materials, such as trading card sets, ecommerce listings, animated series scripts, game rulebooks, brand- and product-related text, press releases and other marketing materials, organized play documents, and more.
- Editing for grammar, punctuation, spelling, readability, style, and target audience.
- Reviewing and templating card game text to maintain consistency within series and within the rules framework.
- Ensuring consistency in style and terminology.
- Reviewing, revising, and proofreading electronic copy and hard copy in multiple systems across the company.
- Contribute to process analysis and workflow improvements, responding quickly with effective improvements when a system or process does not produce needed results.
- Interacting with fellow editors and localization editors, along with various other department members, such as translators and project coordinators, on a daily basis.
- Regular reporting on project status and progress to the Manager, Editing.
What you’ll bring
- 0-2 years of experience publishing under regular deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to edit, revise, or rewrite text-based content.
- Exceptional communication skills, a focused eye for detail, and an understanding of how to balance short-term tasks with long-term goals.
- Must be detail oriented, with proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Word and Excel in particular, is essential, as is the ability to learn new programs.
- Experience in trading card games and knowledge of Pokémon brand a plus.
- Experience with the Chicago Manual of Style is a plus.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $58,000.00 - $88,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. For this role, new hires generally start between $58,000.00 - $69,350.00. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Location: Bellevue, Washington, United States
Country: United States