Gunzilla Games, an independent AAA developer, is seeking an experienced Lighting Artist to join their team. The Lighting Artist will partner with art leadership to create lighting solutions for a diverse range of environments, integrate solutions into a production pipeline, and work closely with the art and design departments to conceptualize and implement real-time lighting solutions that satisfy both aesthetic and gameplay objectives. The ideal candidate should have 3+ years of professional experience with games/lighting/tech art in a production setting, a thorough understanding of real-time lighting techniques, and experience working with a commercial game engine. Gunzilla Games offers flexible working, health insurance, revenue-based bonuses, English/German courses, 25 annual paid vacation and sick days, public transportation, relocation and accommodation support, and office perks and gym membership.
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is seeking an experienced Lighting Artist to help us build our title. In this role, you will bring your lighting expertise to illuminate our game’s world.
- As a Lighting Artist, you will:
- Partner with art leadership to combine traditional aesthetics with next-gen lighting techniques to light a world with an inspiring and cohesive vision across a diverse range of environments
- Take your expert-level knowledge of various lighting tools and techniques to craft lighting in modern game engines and partner with art, tech art, and engineering to integrate solutions into a production pipeline
- Use your understanding of HDR lighting, color theory, shape, surface types, and the techniques and technologies relating to physically based rendering to help visual development
- Work closely with the art and design departments to conceptualize and implement real-time lighting solutions that satisfy both aesthetic and gameplay objectives
- Anticipate and work well within different production and technical constraints and understand the budgeting restrictions associated with them
- Create, maintain, and communicate documentation for lighting guidelines and implementation techniques
- To think as a gamer as well as an artist, and to make lighting decisions that work the best for the project
- 3+ years of professional experience with games/lighting/tech art in a production setting
- Thorough understanding of real-time lighting techniques (including vertex lighting, dynamic lights, subsurface scattering, HDR, and pre-baked light map solutions)
- Good aptitude for troubleshooting technical issues associated with lighting, performance, tools, and pipelines
- Able to communicate exceptionally well with programmers, designers, producers and artists
- Having worked through an entire production cycle and having previously shipped AAA PC or console titles in a similar role
- You love to solve problems and you love to collaborate. Creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort and you thrive when exploring ideas and working with others
- Experience working with a commercial game engine (e.g. Unreal Engine 4
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-03-17