Please apply to this job with your personal email address (not your University or Program account) to avoid important Twitch emails hitting your spam inbox.
Twitch is the world's biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It's where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We're about community, inside and out. You'll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We're on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we're up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we're solving on our Blog.
About the Role
The goal of Twitch’s Next Generation Legal Internship Program is to add to the fabric of the legal profession by providing opportunities and guidance to aspiring legal professionals from underrepresented backgrounds. The three month paid program is designed to: (i) support high-caliber law students whose potential is limited only by the opportunities available to them; (ii) provide a challenging and rewarding internship experience at the intersection of law and technology; (iii) expose participants to various careers within in-house practice; and (iv) establish a network of professional contacts who may serve as resources on participants’ continuing journeys.
Twitch’s culture is fast-paced, innovative, team oriented and collegial. Our scale and speed of growth finds the Legal Team considering novel and challenging questions on a daily basis. If you would like to work in an environment where every new project is a learning opportunity, you've come to the right place. As an intern, you will receive work assignments from a variety of practice areas, to include content agreements, advertising, product, data use & privacy, compliance, and more. You'll also participate in leadership and interpersonal development curriculum and gain industry knowledge from top Twitch executives in fireside chats. Add to this a Kappastone project, cohort activities, weekly advisory, service opportunities and you've got a packed summer.
By the end of the program, participants will have a better understanding of how Legal supports critical corporate functions, insights into a wide range of legal matters affecting tech companies, and experience partnering with cross-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced work environment.
- Research substantive legal issues and propose solutions that impact our streamer communities, internal clients, and the company.
- Draft and negotiate various commercial agreements
- Review and analyze current company policies to ensure we remain compliant in a shifting regulatory environment
- Update agreement templates for use throughout the organization
- Assist with special projects and initiatives, as needed.
- An interest in the in-house legal environment with a focus on the tech sector
- Current law school student or recent graduate (2021) in good standing
- Self-identify as part of a community whose narrative is underrepresented in the legal profession
- Excellent legal writing, legal research, and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently with only occasional direction
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
- Writing sample (5 pages or less, excerpts okay)
- Candidates invited to the onsite interviews will be asked to submit a personal statement discussing how this opportunity will further their legal aspirations (500 words or less)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed