PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As Director, Litigation, Competition & Regulatory Affairs, EMEA, you will be the primary litigation, competition and regulatory counsel for the Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) business in the EMEA region, including Europe and the UK. You will lead SIE’s efforts to align with competition laws, manage and supervise regulatory investigations and proceedings in the region, and handle a broad range of litigation matters. You will work with governmental and regulatory agencies on competition and consumer protection matters, and advise on and manage overall case and matter strategy.
You will report to the Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, EMEA and be a senior level member of SIE’s global legal leadership team. You will be expected to coordinate activities across SIE’s business, corporate and legal functions globally. The position will be based in London, UK.
- Formulate and implement appropriate internal processes to ensure compliance with global compliance obligations.
- Work closely with SIE’s litigation and competition counsel in the United States and other regions as part of a collaborative global team
- Represent SIE’s interests before authorities and agencies.
- Manage litigation and matters before regulatory agencies involving SIE, partnering with outside counsel and managing litigation budgets.
- Perform periodic risk assessments under competition, consumer protection and other laws for the SIE business.
- Work globally to implement worldwide business and policy strategies.
- Assist with developing policies and guidelines for the SIE business and the legal department.
- Provide in-person and virtual trainings to the business on competition laws and regulatory requirements.
- Partner with SIE Government Affairs on SIE’s public policy initiatives with respect to competition and other related issues.
- Juris Doctorate or equivalent international degree.
- Active license to practice law in a jurisdiction and capable of meeting admission requirements in relevant jurisdiction.
- Excellent collaboration skills, communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Proven experience as a practicing attorney primarily in the area of litigation, competition or regulatory matters, preferably with a mix of in-house counsel and private practice experience.
- Substantial experience in advising sophisticated companies regarding the activities of European and international regulatory agencies, including competition matters.
- Substantial experience advising clients responding to subpoenas, RFIs, CIDs, and interview requests from competition authorities and other regulatory agencies.
- A strong understanding of competition law and principles, and the ability to efficiently review, interpret, and analyse sophisticated legal information.
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple team members.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Data-driven mentality and ability to identify and recommend the best course of action even in ambiguous situations.
- A keen working understanding of policy-making processes and government relations.
Having substantial experience working as part of global litigation and/or competition teams on behalf of a multinational company would be beneficial, but not necessary.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed