Leading Principal Engineer
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
Technical Director/CTO (dependent on project).
- Architect, design and implement functionality for AAA external clients
- Plan and execute technical delivery of projects within their unit/client base
- Support the Technical Director/CTO as required on technical discussions with prospective clients
- Willingness to dive in to a number of areas including but not limited to gameplay, AI, UI, Multiplayer, Core Tech as and when required
- Identify and highlight any potential risks in the solutions that are being worked on
- Solve problems through the application of sound software engineering principles
- Continuously work to minimise technical and maintenance issues
- Champion quality in The Multiplayer Guys and our clients development process
- Provide mentoring to experienced engineers and be seen as an expert leader in your field(s)Other duties as assigned
- A experienced Principal Engineer with at least five shipped games
- Professional experience in the architecture of multiplayer game development
- Experience with consoles like PS4/PS5 and XboxOne/SeriesX is preferable
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of Unreal (UE4), Unity and other proprietary engines is preferable
- Experience with smart or mobile devices would be a plus
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend direction
- Awesome technical insight and a finisher of technical tasks on time
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills
- Confidence in front of clients and the ability to answer technically challenging questions in prospective client negotiations
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20