We are looking for a passionate and ambitious Lead UX Designer to join the Hunt: Showdown team.
For almost 20 years, Crytek has been at the cutting-edge of computer graphics performance. Our award-winning CRYENGINE empowers developers and creatives at our own studios and licensees worldwide – from small indies to AAA powerhouses – to deliver unique experiences, create new worlds, and ultimately make awesome games. Join us and we’ll do brilliant work together.
*Required documents that allow a careful evaluation of your application are resume, cover letter and additional samples (Portfolio link)*
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Development of UX strategies and UX designs, both long and short term.
- Lead the UX Design team on a large franchise, including the management of priorities and greenlight process.
- Conception of guidance, interaction design and information architecture in cooperation with our programmers and game designers.
- Take initiative and willing to expand own horizon.
- Mentor and help team members to grow and excel within their roles.
- Work in a close relationship with the UI/UX Project Manager and the UI Art Lead.
- 6+ years of experience as a video game UX designer.
- Evidence of being a leader or role model, within their trade, at a team level and with the necessary management skills to run a team on a day-to-day basis.
- Experience with common wire framing and prototyping tools such as Figma, AdobeXD, Axure or Balsamiq.
- Strong visualization and presentation skills.
- Established interpersonal and organizational skills. Must work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
- BFA in Design, Interaction Design, Computer Science or similar.
- Additional language experience (good knowledge of Flash / Action Script is a strong plus).
- Familiarity with Scaleform.
- Version-control systems (Perforce, SVN, CVS, VSS) familiarity.
- Shipped-title experience on both PC and Consoles.
What you can expect from us
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio.
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.
Apply for this job
Location: Frankfurt & Remote
Date found: 2022-11-19
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed