Jam City, a leading mobile games developer, is seeking a UI/UX Designer to work in the mobile gaming space and create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have experience in UX/UI design, excellent communication skills, and expertise in art software, UX design software, and version control software. The role involves collaborating with cross-functional teams, creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and prototypes, and presenting designs to peers and stakeholders. The company offers a competitive salary range of $108,500 to $158,500 per year, unlimited vacation, paid sick days, medical and dental benefits, 401k, flexible spending accounts, and more. Jam City is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion and provides an inclusive and diverse environment for its players and employees.
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision (Plans Vary)*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Wellness Activities & Programs
12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are always looking for the “best and brightest” talent to join our family. At Jam City you will have the freedom to work and play with a team of entrepreneurs who aren’t afraid to get things done!
Currently, we are on the hunt for a talented UI/UX Designer who will help contribute to the success of our games! You will work in the mobile gaming space to create amazing user experiences. In order to be considered, you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio, website or a pdf showcasing recent artwork upon application.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO EVERY DAY
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product management, UI/UX department, game design and engineering to define, design and implement fun and innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Execute at all stages of the product from concept to final product launch
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders while clearly communicating design rationale
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- Ability to own UX and UI design from concept to launch
- Strong experience with training UX/UI Designers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent visual design sense
- Firm grasp of the pillars of usability and engageability
- Expertise in Art software (Photoshop, Illustrator, or others), UX design software (Figma, Sketch, or XD), and version control software
- Experience with UI/UX workflows inside Unity, including setting up prefabs, implementing UI art, and best practices
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Understanding of heuristics, intrinsic and extrinsic motivations, and other psychological principles that create the foundation for UX design
- Ability to articulate design decisions to teammates both within and outside of the UI/UX department
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience creating animated mockups of UI flows and transition -prototypes
- Flash and or After Effects knowledge
$108,500 - $158,500 a year
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City's total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range: $108,500— $158,500 salary per year.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
- Company news and events on our LinkedIn
- Company Blog
- Employee Feedback on our Comparably page
- Find videos on our teams and games on our Youtube
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Apply for this job
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-04-11