Lead Tools Programmer
Hi-Rez Studios is hiring an experienced lead tools programmer to build and grow our centralized tools team, supporting all four of Hi-Rez’s internal game development studios. Come join the company that created the critically acclaimed SMITE, Rogue Company, Paladins and Realm Royale as we embark on exciting new game projects and define the future of cross-platform multiplayer gaming!
Hi-Rez is an innovator in workplace freedom, allowing most jobs, including this one, to be performed either on-site in one of our studio locations or remotely from most locations in the USA or UK.
We are looking for an experienced, highly collaborative, and self-motivated individual with the capability and drive to lead technical initiatives. The team that you will lead creates tools used across multiple projects, platforms, and disciplines to maximize studio productivity.
What our Lead Tool Developers do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Mentor, level up, and grow your team.
- Plan projects with company and development team stakeholders.
- Focus on solving customer problems with innovative solutions.
- Learn and adopt new game technologies, practices, tools, and systems.
- Establish technical requirements for tool requests for a wide range of stakeholders across the Art, Design, and Programming teams.
What we are looking for:
- Experience with leadership of a technical team.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and able to multitask.
- Excellent cross discipline communication skills that allow you to hone in what is needed.
- Experience within multiple environments (e.g,. Max, Maya, game engine technologies).
- Strong skills with C++ and Python.
- Comfortable choosing and using algorithms and tool chains.
- Working experience with at least one game engine (e.g., Unity, Unreal, Frostbite, CryEngine, other).
- Experience using or writing plugins for Digital Content Creation (DCC) tools (e.g., Photoshop, Max, Maya, MotionBuilder, Houdini, or Substance).
- Knowledge and working experience with Unreal UE4 technology and a desire to dive into UE5.
- Knowledge of hiring and team formation best practices.
- Previous experience with shipping Games As A Service (GaaS) game titles.
- Experience working with Linux systems and/or cloud systems (e.g., AWS, Azure).
Apply for this job
Location: All Locations
Date posted: 2022-01-20