WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
WHAT WE DO
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Epic Games is looking for a Lead Engineer who is passionate about developing world-class tools for game artists and designers. You will lead a team of highly talented engineers and participate in designing and implementing new engine and editor features for the Unreal Editor.
You will have the chance to make a direct impact on the productivity of others by leading the development of user-facing tools for one of the leading game engines used by developers worldwide!
In this role, you will
- Lead a team of highly skilled software engineers focusing on the core features of the Unreal Editor for Fortnite
- Design and implement tools and engine features for Unreal Engine and Fortnite
- Build and maintain bridges with other stakeholders to realize this vision
- Design and implement user interfaces for tools and pipelines in the Editor
- Fix bugs and maintain the Unreal Engine and Fortnite code base
- Analyze and fix common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
- Improve the game development pipeline and add new features to the engine and editor
- Support internal and external customers by prioritizing and solving issues from feedback
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience leading engineering teams in the games industry
- 8+ years of experience having worked on and shipped large game projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- Excellent C++ skills
- Well versed in software engineering principles
- Experience writing UIs with a toolkit such as WPF, QT, Slate (UE UI system)
- Familiarity with an existing game engine and understanding of editor concepts
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
We are open to multiple locations across North America & Europe.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Location: Cary,North Carolina,United States
Country: United States