Who We Are
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 has multiple locations around the world. Headquartered in Brighton (UK), we have offices in Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), along with Novato, CA (US).
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment!
What We Need
An experienced Technical Designer that can ensure designers have the best tools, enabling them to do their very best, so that the next Mafia game can be truly extraordinary.
The Lead Technical Designer manages the Technical Design team and works with programmers to help establish best practices and policies for all Design across the studio to ensure that we use Unreal Engine in the most performant way.
What You Will Do
- Design and implement the systems and tools required to make design content quickly, efficiently, and effortlessly.
- Implement technically complex design elements directly into the game.
- Collaborate with the Technical Directors on future engine improvements for design, design tools, and systems for design
- Act as a Power User for all design tools to ensure that they perform adequately and hit the desired outcomes.
- Help to establish standards across the team, from scripting to metrics to efficient toolset use.
- Identify risks and roadblocks ahead of time and bring solutions.
- Lead a team of Technical Designers to shape the game systems and design tools for the team.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the team.
- Empower the team to deliver high quality work.
- Collaborate with Production to ensure delivery of features, systems and assets, on time and to required quality.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit
- A can-do, empowering attitude – passion for making the teams around you to be the best designers possible.
- Shipped at least one AAA title in a Senior Technical Design role or similar.
- Excellent knowledge of Unreal Engine Editor.
- Strong ability to script in visual scripting systems and an understanding of C++.
- Leadership skills that include truly caring about the career growth of those that work for you and around you
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills
Who We Are
Hangar 13 prides itself on the diversity of its team members, partners, and communities. For this reason, we remain committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment and hiring through compensation, benefits, discipline and termination.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are also committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need to request reasonable accommodation.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that Hangar 13 and 2K never use instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Location: Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom