The job is for a Technical Designer to work in the metaverse group at Improbable. The role involves designing and building gameplay features, managing a team of designers and technical designers, and driving the development of tools and pipelines to assist content creators. The ideal candidate should have a desire to grow and develop a team, display a high degree of discipline in following and creating technical design processes, and have a passion for creating mechanics that layer together to create depth and complexity without overwhelming the player. The company values diversity and does not discriminate based on various factors.
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
Areas of impact:
- Be accountable for discrete areas of the game, crossing multiple features and gameplay systems.
- Direct more junior technical designers in creating features throughout the design and implementation process.
- Design and build gameplay features that set a standard for others to follow.
- Manage a growing team of designers and technical designers.
- See your work in players' hands and iterate the features over time with player feedback.
- Drive the development of tools and pipelines to assist content creators in producing work quickly and efficiently.
- Work alongside the technical leads to plan out features and dependent systems, and then schedule work tasks accordingly
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- A desire to grow and develop a team, considering each individual's well-being, differing needs and goals for their careers.
- A desire to understand the moment-to-moment, hour-to-hour, day-to-day and week-to-week impact of the features you design and build.
- Display a high degree of discipline in following and creating technical design processes.
- A passion to create mechanics that layer together to create depth and complexity without overwhelming the player.
- Ability to prioritise & manage end-to-end design projects across the team, interfacing with different disciplines.
- A passion to mentor more junior technical designers in best technical practices, growing their skills through feedback and reviews.
- Strong knowledge of Unreal Engine Blueprint development and best practices.
While we believe the mentioned experiences could be important, we're keen to hear from people that have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of the requirements, please still apply!
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - Romania
Date found: 2023-04-29