Jam City, a leading mobile games developer, is seeking an experienced Lead Technical Artist to manage and guide the Tech Art Team in Toronto. The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of experience as a Technical Artist in the Mobile Gaming industry, be familiar with Technical Art solutions and methodologies in Unity Mobile Games, and have excellent experience in Unity and Git. The Lead Technical Artist will be responsible for managing the team, ensuring that their work is delivered on time and meets the established style and quality, and identifying potential and recurring workflow problems. The candidate should possess excellent problem-solving skills, be a creative and innovative thinker, and have a mind for both artistic and technical workflows. Jam City is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce.
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent for our talent team in Toronto. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Employer Paid Benefits*
Additional Flex Healthcare Spending*
Parental leave and Kin care*
Company Events such as movie night, trivia, game shows & more…
*Only applies to full-time positions.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Technical Artist to lead our tech art team at Jam City Toronto! In this role, you will help us to take our Casual Casino games to the next level. As Lead Technical Artist, you will be managing and guiding the Tech Art Team to deliver world-class games. Your domain extends from art tools and visual effects to pipelines and plugins, shaders, and rendering improvements. With a deep understanding of game engines and game creation tools, we will look to you to solve hard problems with knowledge, creativity, and teamwork and to provide technical mentorship and guidance for the technical art team.
- Technical Art Leads are both mentors and former Technical Artists. As individual contributors they can demonstrate vast experience with: art asset integration and optimization, creation of VFX, strong understanding of the Unity particle system, experience in creating shaders and tools.
- As supervisors they can prescribe or, actively show their approaches with brevity and clarity to their team. They ensure that their team’s work is delivered on time and meets the established style and quality.
- As a team leader, they understand the strengths of their team members and delegate tasks accordingly.
- Have at least 3 years experience as a Technical Artist in the Mobile Gaming industry.
- Familiar with Technical Art solutions and methodologies in Unity Mobile Games.
- Very creative and innovative thinker, always focused of enriching and optimizing the user experience of our games.
- Identifying potential and recurring workflow problems and collaborating with other developers to find viable solutions through communication, mentorship, and both custom and off-the-shelf tools solutions.
- Helping to promote performance optimization for art assets by creating clear standards, performance monitoring tools, and building a maintainable process for reviewing and optimizing game assets.
- Excellent experience in Unity and Git.
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop knowledge.
- Experience creating stylized visual effects within Unity.
- Experience in visual effects in general.
- Experience in setting up UI in Unity.
- Expert knowledge of how canvas works.
- Knowledge of the Unity3D main scripting language C#.
- Ability to create and modify existing tools, scripts, or assets.
- Strong understanding of Unity particle system and shaders.
- A mind for both artistic and technical workflows.
- Able to achieve the best results when working with various device aspect ratios.
- Experience with optimization art assets for performance considerations.
- Strong ability to make critical artistic and process decisions to produce the best quality product quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to provide detailed information on status of game production, builds and specific deliverables.
- Leads possess a deeper understanding of all features and content of the game and see the grand scheme of the liveops campaigns.
- Proactively arrange meetings for their team and cross-functional meetings when required.
- Have experience with project management methodologies and tools (Jira, Gantts etc) in order to optimally manage the teams capacity.
SOFT SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS:
- Be creative!
- Openly suggest more beautiful, fun and dynamic ways to do things.
- Proficiency in technical problem-solving and debugging game content and process.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a service-oriented, support-focused approach.
- A results-oriented and collaborative approach to tools development, problem-solving, and challenges of scale.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proactive communicators that can regulate and self manage their time.
- Actively document and help set visual specifications for existing and new features to help ensure alignment and future reference.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
- Company news and events on our LinkedIn
- Company Blog
- Employee Feedback on our Comparably page
- Find videos on our teams and games on our Youtube
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-03-17