Playground Games is looking for a Lead Technical Artist to join our Fable team and be responsible for driving the Tech Art team's goals.
As a Lead Technical Artist, your management and leadership empowers the Tech Art team to do their best work. Supported by the Tech Art Director, your focus will be inward on the Tech Art team to provide the best possible tools, shaders, optimisation and support for artists to push the envelope for game visuals.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned Technical Artist with a proven record working on AAA titles and a passion for coaching others to success.
What you'll do
You will be supported by a Technical Art Director whose focus will be outward to other teams and the future of the project, while your focus will be inward on the short and medium term goals of the Tech Art team.
- Coach and grow a high-performing team, developing their skills and knowledge and challenging them to do their best work
- Work with others to identify opportunities for improvements that Tech Art can deliver, building them into the team's roadmap
- Be responsible for monitoring and sustaining the quality of the work completed by the Tech Art team whilst meeting the timeline requirements for the project
- Use your technical knowledge to support communication across multiple teams. Balance their priorities, and exercise good judgment in choosing areas of focus and adapting to change
- Promote best practices within the Tech Art team and be a champion for visual and technical quality
- Get your hands dirty! We love our leads to set time aside to undertake tasks that will keep them up to speed with day to day work on the project
What you'll bring
Our ideal candidate will bring the following skills and experience:
- Experience leading or mentoring technical artists, with a positive and supportive approach to building relationships within the team
- Experience working closely with content and production teams to plan and deliver large features in a AAA setting
- Experience across a range of Tech Art subjects: scripting, procedural tools, content pipeline, shader authoring, profiling and optimisation
- Excellent verbal and digital communication skills. Fluent in rendering, memory, lighting, animation and other related topics
- Passion for quality in both visual and technical areas
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
Country: United Kingdom