As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
Jam City is searching for the best and brightest Lead Software Engineer to work on a central technology platform that supports a number of our newest games. We’re looking for a smart, experienced engineer who thrives in an agile environment. Our right fit is someone who enjoys solving problems, thrives when learning new technologies, cares about scalability, interacts effectively in a team environment, and takes ownership and pride in the work that they do.
Our company and culture is geared towards producing the best quality games in the world and having fun while we do it. Our core technology allows developers to plug into a scalable backend, flexible game frameworks, analytics and cross-platform methodologies.
- Designing and implementing various features and UI components for the React front end of a centralized liveOps platform that supports the day to day operations of our games.
- Building the HTML structure, CSS styling, and event handlers to implement features described in various wireframes.
- Communication with the platform's REST APIs and GraphQL endpoints as well as aggregation of the resulting data into logical data models.
- Designing and maintaining the code base and deployments targeting both web and client devices.
- Maintenance of state within components and across the entire application.
- Creation of reusable components that can be used across the platform.
- Advocating software development best practices such as design patterns, testing, modularization, and maintainability/readability.
- Mentoring younger engineers in new technologies/techniques and good engineering practices.
- Working within an Agile Kanban environment with various other front end, back end, and QA automation developers.
- Experience building rich web applications using React.
- Understanding of how to design and implement reusable front end components that are highly configurable and well tested.
- Ability to derive behavioral requirements from product ownership and technical leads on the team.
- Knowledge of debugging techniques to quickly diagnose operational issues.
- Familiarity with various data structures and when to use them.
- Demonstrated use of a state management tool such as Redux, React Hooks, or MobX.
NICE TO HAVE
- NextJS, Java, Node.js, Github Actions, Docker, Kubernetes.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of Jam City's total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. In addition, Jam City provides a variety of benefits to employees, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, parental leave, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, life, disability, and accident insurance. Pay Range: $140,000 — $185,000 salary per year.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
- Company news and events on our LinkedIn
- Company Blog
- Employee Feedback on our Comparably page
- Find videos on our teams and games on our Youtube
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Apply for this job
Location: Culver City, CA
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-03-31