The job is for a Backend Engineering Team Lead at Multiplayer Group (MPG), a group of 300 developers and data scientists who help clients build AAA game projects. The role involves leading a team of backend engineers to deliver, deploy, and integrate backend services for industry-leading game projects. The candidate should have solid engineering and code architecture skills, experience in Golang, Java, C#, Node.js, or C++, and experience building distributed applications. The candidate should also have experience in day-to-day line management of a team, advising team members on technical and production matters, and communicating with multiple stakeholders. Experience in game development and shipping a game title is preferred. The job is remote-friendly, and the company values employee wellbeing.
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
Leading a team of backend engineers to deliver, deploy and help integrate backend services as part of industry leading game projects. Working with stakeholders to extract requirements, help define solutions and facilitate communication. Spearhead and oversee code implementation and delivery by the backend team on genre defining titles.
What you'll be doing:
- Communicate with stakeholders, extract requirements and advise on solutions
- Work with the team and stakeholders to estimate and prioritise work
- Work with the team to iterate on solutions that fit requirements
- Lead development through individual and team contribution
- Set and maintain high quality standards and process: tests, CI/CD, documentation
- Help and mentor team members in day-to-day work and professional development
What we'll need from you:
- Solid engineering and code architecture skills
- Solid problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills
- Previous experience in ONE or more of the following languages: Golang, Java, C#, Node.js, C++
- Ability to create high level documentation, diagrams, designs, etc
- Experience with day-to-day line management of a teamAbility to advise team members on technical and production matters
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders and prioritise work
- Experience building distributed applications
- Knowledge of Microservices and service oriented architectures (SOA)
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend direction
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Previous experience in game development and shipping a game title
What would help:
- Golang experience is highly desirable
- Experience with cloud platforms: Amazon AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Strong Database experience with both SQL and No SQL highly desirable, especially Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience developing server backends for AAA games, free-to-play (mobile) games, casino apps or similar
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - Canada
Date found: 2023-04-11