WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Lead Security Engineer to manage our engineering efforts for trust & safety, platform security, and fraud prevention. Your focus will be leading and developing a team of engineers as they work on services and tools that help mitigate fraud, protect accounts, and moderate user generated content. This is an incredible opportunity to create a fun and safe environment for millions of players and make a positive impact on the entire Epic ecosystem.
In this role, you will
- Lead a team of 5+ engineers distributed across North America & Europe on a variety of security and safety services
- Collaborate with various stakeholders and teams to collect requirements, implement security solutions and respond to emergent threats.
- Deliver strategy & results, maintain team health, manage performance and develop your team members
- Facilitate design and code reviews. Promote a culture of building high quality products with clear, concise and well tested code.
What we're looking for
- Experience monitoring and managing databases (we use Elasticsearch/MongoDB/PostgreSQL)
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and design patterns
- Effective communication skills
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed