As the QA Lead Analyst, you are the guardian of the game's health and quality! You will be managing a team and collaborating with outsource vendors to make sure that the game is of the highest quality possible. You will be the driving force behind ensuring the final product is up to standards.
QA at ArenaNet
ArenaNet QA is a tight knit group of people who love gaming, are proud of their role, and delight in ensuring the game is the best it can possibly be for our players. We are embedded in development teams, but still meet weekly to talk about what we’re doing and get updates on all the projects. We have each other’s back, jumping in when help is needed and being a source of expertise and camaraderie within the QA Department. There is a constant request for FroYo at our weekly meetings that has yet to appear, but the team still has hope!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design software plans
- Be responsible for all QA milestone signoffs
- Manage a team of QA Analysts through the lifetime of the product, including post launch content
- Understand the QA needs of the project and assign areas of responsibility to QA Analysts
- Attend and participate in reviews and playtests
- Ensure documentation standards are upheld
- Work closely with Production to ensure that schedules are met, and risks are communicated promptly
- Work with an outsource vendor coordinating QA between the internal and external teams
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 5+ years working in a game QA capacity
- Shipped at least one game title as QA in a position of responsibility
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, and Zephyr
- Able to proactively analyze, identify, and communicate problems effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional manner and ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure, team environment
- Familiarity with standard practices and procedures in the game quality assurance field
- Above average Excel competency
- Ability to train others using both in-person and long-distance methods such as email, phone, or video conferencing
- Passion for games and a desire to build the highest quality for our players
- Prior experience in a leadership or supervisory position
- Understanding of how game development works, the tradeoffs and hard decisions that are made before launch
- Experience with Games as a Service
- Experience working with game teams and shipping while remote
- Familiarity with Python or other scripting languages
- MMO experience
Physical Demands of Position:
- Work is usually performed in an office setting and could involve sitting, standing, walking for long periods of time throughout the day.
- This position requires considerable concentration and creativity. It is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, internal and external customer needs, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines, and workload.
Total compensation is salary plus an annual bonus potential. Please note that the listed pay range is a general guideline only. We take into consideration the geography in which you live and your experience and qualifications when determining final salary. This role is also eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k), flexible and dependent care spending accounts, PTO, paid holidays and parental leave.
Location: Bellevue, WA or Remote
Country: United States