Specialising in AAA PC and console development, Red Kite has a proven track record in the creation of cutting-edge games across varying genres.
Having set up home in the beautiful Grade-II listed Park Row House in Leeds city centre, Red Kite continues to develop top-quality games for multiple world-class AAA publishing partners such as Sony, Microsoft, Activision, 2K, SEGA, Epic, Warner Bros., 505, Rare, Codemasters, Mediatonic and Remedy.
Several titles include Hogwarts Legacy, Fall Guys, Mafia: Definitive Edition, Mafia III: Definitive Edition, Control Ultimate Edition, Two Point Hospital, Knockout City, Battletoads, Crackdown 3, Payday 2, Team Sonic Racing, DiRT 4 and God of War III: Remastered.
It’s a very exciting time to join Red Kite; not only are we working on multiple high-profile games for gen 9 platforms, we're also developing our own IP. Here’s what we can tell you about:
· We’re helping to develop the much-anticipated Hogwarts Legacy with the teams at Warner Bros. and Avalanche Software
· We’re partnered with Mediatonic working on the smash-hit, Fall Guys
· We’re working on a brand new PvE 1st person shooter based on an award-winning IP
· We’re working on a high-profile AAA 1st person shooter in UE5
One of the most interesting aspects to working at Red Kite is the diversity of projects present within the studio. It's certainly never boring and we constantly find ourselves pushing the boundaries when it comes to the gameplay that we're creating and the technologies that we're engineering.
The Role @ Red Kite Games
Red Kite are working on a variety of exciting open world AAA games and has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced programmer to strengthen and shape one of our teams.
In this role you will help to create, maintain and evangelise our development best practices, collaborating closely with all teams across the studio.
Your knowledge and expertise will also be invaluable in supporting projects across a multitude of platforms, genres and game areas.
In your new role you will:
- Lead a programming team to achieve your project’s requirements
- Liaise with other areas of the studio and external partners to facilitate development
- Ensure stability of the development environment for the entire development team
- Work on a wide variety of projects and tasks
- Be responsible for planning your work and the work of others
- Mentor Red Kite's next generation of programmers
To be successful you will have:
- Shipped multiple AAA titles in either a lead or senior role
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Demonstrated an ability to solve project-wide development issues
- Programmed in a range of game areas
- A propensity to make systems and processes better
- A keen interest in new technologies - hardware/game engines
Red Kite is located in central Leeds, a major European city connected to London by rapid rail links and the M1 motorway – plus the rest of the world via Leeds Bradford airport. It's home to some of the best restaurants, bars and museums in the North of England, and is within easy reach of spectacular countryside (the Yorkshire Moors and Bronte Country), historical York and the Yorkshire East coast (you should definitely check out Whitby and Runswick Bay).
We offer a superb flexible benefits package – which includes but is not limited to:
· Flexitime – Including work from home on Fridays
· 35 hour working week
· Early finish Fridays
· Annual Bonus
· 27 Days Holiday (Minimum) – Including your birthday, Duvet Days and Christmas Eve
· 5 Learning & Development Days per year – Including Udemy Access
· Employee Assistance Programme – Including health, mental health and wellbeing support
· Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption pay
· Life Assurance, Income Protection and Critical Illness
· Relocation Support & Visa Sponsorship
Nurturing Red Kite's studio culture is at the heart of everything we do and has been proudly recognised by the following awards:
· GI.biz – Best Places to Work 2022
· Best Companies – A World Class, 3 Star place to work for 2022
· TIGA STAR Award for excellence
Red Kite is a social studio – the team regularly gather for drinks, game nights, film nights, to play sports etc. – making this a great place to build a career whilst making friends...and let's not forget Red Kite's legendary Summer BBQ and our epic Christmas party – plus much more!
Red Kite's studio is relaxed and friendly. Every team member has the opportunity to shine and we pride ourselves on providing a positive social atmosphere, facilitated by shared interest groups, afterwork clubs and charity fundraising events. Red Kite are proud supporters of the gaming charity SpecialEffect.
Come join the team, build a rewarding career, and help to make great games with a lovely bunch of people!
Apply for this job
Location: Red Kite Games, Leeds
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed