Hothead Games is proud to announce a new partnership opportunity resulting in an expansion of our workforce. This is a multi-disciplinary project attracting new talent and skillset to our workforce, including Lead Programmers! Come join us today!
What are we working on?
A VERY exciting multi-platform MMORPG with achievable, viable, and well-considered timelines. The project involves cutting-edge user-created content with a deep social component, and a very ambitious economic design.
Why should you apply?
We are collaborating with big-name industry partners and we are working closely with world-class game developers! This exciting project also opens the door for further expansion and endless opportunities. Come join us for an adventure!
Hothead Games is seeking experienced and talented Lead Game Programmers who are passionate about making great games.
What You'll Do:
- Use your knowledge of development tools and algorithms to write robust, efficient, maintainable code in C#, C++ script and Python
- Collaborate with programmers, artists and designers to develop new game features for all aspects of the game, including UI, gameplay, backend, etc
- Understand the game’s guiding vision and technical foundation and drive towards making a product you’re proud of
- Help maintain the live game and debug and deploy fixes and enhancements
Who You Are and What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years professional game development experience
- Exemplary C#, C++ and mathematics skills
- Experience with Unity
- Solid debugging and problem solving abilities
- Adaptable, able to pick up new technologies quickly
- Deep understanding of core principles of game programming
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed and able to perform effectively both autonomously and in a team
At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace during the Covid-19 pandemic - and beyond. The successful candidate must be comfortable working at home, and have functional and private space available for work hours. Compensation includes competitive salary, vacation, RRSP matching, company stock options and extended health coverage.
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games. If you are seeking an awesome new challenge with a fun and engaging team, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.
A Note of Caution: Hothead Games does not use Gmail or any other free email service. Hothead Games does not use Telegram or any other instant messaging service to recruit.
Be safe: If you are unsure that a recruiter is authentic, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Canada <span class="jv