Are you a programmer with a broad range of skills, with a passion for quality and teamwork, and are looking for a new opportunity to work for a friendly, respectful and exciting studio? Auroch Digital is looking for programmers to help create multiple upcoming game projects in several genres. The successful candidate will be working on high-profile projects to create imaginative and engaging games across PC and console platforms.
Auroch are part of the Sumo Group of companies, originally established in 2010 and with an extensive catalogue, including Mars Horizon and Dark Future: Blood Red States. We have an exciting stable of licensed and independent IP games in development including our upcoming beer brewing hobby game Brewmaster. Our diverse, friendly, and enthusiastic team are based in the centre of Bristol, but we are open to remote working for the right candidate. We have a company ethos that strongly values work-life balance and supporting our people to grow. We want our people to have a positive influence on other team members and a passion to support others.
The Role @ Auroch Digital
You will be working in a supportive multi-disciplinary team with experienced and junior members alike, writing clear and effective code, planning, and researching features to bring our games to reality with a high level of quality.
You will also be responsible for line management duties for a small group of programmers, where you will carry out routinely 1-2-1s, performance reviews, and support them in their career development, working with them to identify areas in which they can improve. You will also assist with recruitment of new team members and help to identify areas in which the team should grow to effectively deliver our projects.
- Responsible for the day-to-day leadership of a team of programmers and delivery of tasks within agreed timeframes.
- Helping to determine the architecture and technologies required to deliver your project.
- Must be able to hold yourself and your team to the highest standards delivering a product to the best of your ability and of the highest quality.
- Providing support and mentoring to your programming team and helping them to grow and mature in their roles.
- Work with programmers and members of other disciplines to plan, research and implement game features.
- Ensuring stability of the development environment for the entire development team.
- Adhering to and enforcing programming practices and studio tech standards.
- Working with your team and other disciplines, communicating risk and resource needs to the game and studio directors.
- Carrying out 1-2-1s, performance reviews and supporting the development of programmers in your direct line.
- Helping with recruitment of new team members and identifying areas for the team to grow.
- Significant experience programming games for commercial release, using either Unreal or Unity Engine, writing code in C++ or C#.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills.
- Ability to work with the production and programming teams to schedule and estimate work.
- Ability to give constructive feedback in a way that is received positively.
- Experience of management of small-scale teams, including line management.
- Experience shipping titles on both desktop and console platforms.
- Experience writing code for Strategy or Management genre games.
- Experience writing code with user generated content in mind.
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience working with automated testing.
- Experience with multiplayer titles.
· We don’t agree with using crunch (here's our take on it)
· We won’t get in the way of you working on your own indie dev projects in your own time
· Remote, office based or hybrid are all totally fine working options
· 27 days holiday total (including your Birthday off!) which increases for long term service
· The option to take three months unpaid sabbatical leave after three years of service
· Competitive salary
· Bonus scheme
· Flexible working
· Pensions contribution
· Dental cover
· Life insurance
· Income protection
· A pot of money to spend in Uchoose on extra benefits like health insurance, adding family members etc.
· Ongoing support for training and career development, including 5 learning days a year, 1 of which can be used for volunteering
Your application should include a short covering letter explaining a little about your previous experience and why you think you would be a good fit for the role, and a current CV with relevant work history. Though not required, if you have a portfolio or examples of previous work please also include them with your application.
Apply for this job
Location: Auroch Digital, Bristol
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed