Lead/Principal Security Engineer
The Improbable Defence division is hiring a Principal Security Engineer. We are standing up a new team to help us deal with some of our biggest challenges in Improbable Defence - making sure we have a solid, performant and secure foundation to run our product and services on. By the nature of our customers - security is paramount and we need to always be ahead of the game. Making our offering cloud agnostic is also one of our unique features and we are constantly looking for ways to gain more efficiencies in our Operations layer.
We are looking for a number of people to help us seed this team and grow our capability in this space. We don’t expect expertise across all of the areas listed below (no one can know all of that!) - rather, passion for building mature cloud based products, willingness to harness that passion into work but as importantly - share it and grow our entire engineering team’s familiarity and understanding of Security, Deployments and Operations.
Please note due to the nature of this role you will be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance
Areas of Impact
- Here are some of the challenges you’d be expected to help us solve as part of this team. These are just a small sample :
- How do we balance correctly security and performance across our PaaS layer (K8s, commercial clouds, bespoke networks).
- How do we support our partners and guarantee their IP is well protected from other partners in our network.
- How do we mature our software and “think operations” (e.g observability) as part of our engineering DNA.
- Analyse, Define and design the role of an “admin” in our SSE implementations. This may sound simple, it really isn’t!
- You will bring together a range of knowledge and skills within the domains of Security, Deployment and Operations, to deliver tailored solutions for each customer
- You will use your team working skills to work with engineers in other teams to help them understand their role in supporting this work, and review their designs and proposals.
- You will help and advise our engineering design to make best use of orchestrating frameworks such as kubernetes, and understanding security implications within a microservices architecture.
We'd love to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You are a Lead software engineer with a demonstrable history of deploying complex Iaas, PaaS or SaaS software to customers with complex security requirements.
- You have worked on a range of infrastructure or platform projects and are experienced with orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes.
- You have worked with a range of OO languages and are comfortable working with new technologies as they arise.
- You enjoy systems architecture work, collaborating with a range of stakeholders inside and outside of the business.
- You enjoy and are adept at mentoring and helping other engineers to understand complex deployments.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20