Hola a todos! We are excited to announce that Rovio is opening an entity in Barcelona! Rovio is growing, and games such as Dream Blast and Angry Birds Friends are looking to recruit more people to work their magic on making and growing the games in Barcelona, working in tandem with the team at HQ in Finland. Angry Birds Friends and Angry Birds Dream Blast are in the top 3 of Rovio’s most popular games, attracting millions of players daily.
Join our Angry Birds Dream Blast team, as it reaches record business success. DB has been operating with huge success for many years but is still climbing to new heights. Take a key role in helping the game to continue to grow and deliver a great experience for our players. Our vision is to innovate in the puzzle category with games that fill players with delight.
We are looking for a Lead Level Designer to join our Puzzle Studio. If you live, dream, eat, and sleep levels join us to create something new and fresh for players. You will come in with fresh eyes and bring new ideas to take the Core (levels) to the next level. As a critical part of the team, you will analyse the current strengths and weaknesses of the Core and drive key initiatives to improve the success of the game.
We expect that you share our mission of elevating puzzle gaming by providing deeper gameplay experiences, and for that, you want to understand core game logic, level mechanics, player feedback, level design philosophies, and player journey in the levels and through the level funnel.
What your days will look like:
- Owning the overall quality bar for our live levels and driving the curation, process for a matured game with 10k levels and overseeing their maintenance and curation to improve level performance
- Working with other stakeholders and executing on the roadmaps for level content and core/toy features to meet growth targets
- Working together with your team to bring engaging and challenging levels to our players through core game logic, level mechanics, player feedback, level design philosophies and player journey in the levels and through the level funnel
- Shared ownership with a Product Manager on A/B test related to level content and core/toy to enable further growth
- Collaborating with other designers to craft a cohesive experience for players
- Mentor/coach designers working on features related to the core/toy
Who we think will do great in this position:
- About 5+ years of commercial experience and proven success working on mobile F2P games, with several years of experience of building levels for a match game.
- Experience designing and executing on-level philosophies and processes
- Experience working closely with BI to understand the data and create a plan to improve KPI’s
- A collaborative approach to empower and inspire those around you
- An ability to align a team behind a vision and manage conflict on a team by listening, understanding, and aligning the team members to the common goals
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Critical thinker who is creative, adaptive and a strong problem solver
Would be amazing if you also have:
- Performed as Lead Designer on a major area of a game (Meta, Social aspect, level design or similar)
- Experience coming both from operating a live game as well as developing a game from scratch
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll become one of the first employees in Barcelona. How cool is that?
- We have mastered the mobile puzzle genre for ages. You’ll get to work with a super talented team that knows the ins and outs of making successful games that last.
- We’re built on independence and responsibility. We understand the way for our people and teams to do their best work is to give them the freedom and independence to truly own their projects.
- We cherish the Nordic work culture. We create joy, value teamwork, and support wellbeing and overall worklife balance.
The steps that we would go through together:
- First meeting: You will meet the hiring manager. The aim is for us to know who you are, what your experience has been, and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio, the wider team, and the specifics of the role.
- Test: You will do an exercise to complete in your own time.
- Second round: We'll go through the exercise with you, together with our Craft Members in a call. This is a good chance for you to meet your future colleagues and receive some valuable feedback on your work.
- Final round: You will be invited to meet the team lead and team member(s). Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions, and where we can help each other develop.
Rovio’s mission is “We craft Joy”. We know that companies don’t create games, people do and we know that our people are our most valuable asset. We value that people have lives outside the workplace. We encourage balance because we want people to deliver quality work. We believe and trust in our teams. Teams and studios have ownership and autonomy of their games both in terms of processes as well as roadmapping. We want to make sure everyone has personal growth possibilities at Rovio and we focus on inclusion and diversity. Join the ride!
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.
What to expect when you join us
Meet the Rovians
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-05
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed