Magic Leap is seeking a Lead, Learning & Development to join our Learning & Development Team. This energetic, innovative team supports our employees world-wide through the design of learning, performance, and career development experiences that increase capability and employee engagement. The People Team supports an amazing group of bright, passionate, experienced employees who are self-motivated lifelong learners with interest in technology and professional growth.
The Lead, Learning & Development will report to the Sr. Director of L&D, and will be responsible for the design and management of learning programs. This role will own execution of learning initiatives and maintain an open line of communication with key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have solid facilitation skills, experience managing learning programs, and a proven track record of creating operational efficiency while maintaining high customer satisfaction.
Magic Leap’s vision is a world where the physical and digital are one. Our mission is to amplify human potential by delivering the most immersive AR platform, so people can intuitively see, hear, and touch digital content in the physical world. Our values include User-Centricity, Innovation, and Unity.
- Responsible for the needs analysis, end-to-end design, implementation and sustainment of learning programs.
- Facilitate learning programs including Magic Leap’s Management Development Program, Mentor Program, and other instructor-led training.
- Create blended solutions leveraging an assortment of methodologies including eLearning, communities of practice, and peer-to-peer learning.
- Analyze the audience, content, technologies, operational constraints and trade-offs associated with selecting the best methods.
- Partner with key stakeholders to organize, manage, and execute learning solutions.
- Continually evaluate solutions for quality, business impact, scalability and sustainability.
- Conduct post-learning evaluations to understand successes and improvement opportunities.
- Identify and analyze data to isolate issues, test solutions and prioritize competing opportunities.
- Educate leaders on their role in developing people as an essential part of their jobs.
- Create and deliver train-the-trainer learning sessions for internal leaders-as-teachers.
- Serve as a role model for instructional facilitation and develop capabilities in others.
- Suggest process improvements to improve learning standards.
- Strong instructional design, program management, facilitation skills, and ability to support and mentor others in these domains.
- Practical experience applying instructional design and curriculum development methodologies in global corporate learning programs.
- Proven effectiveness in collaborating, negotiating and interviewing Subject Matter Experts.
- Strong strategic planning and project management capabilities.
- Experience in carrying out all activities in the training cycle: Design, Delivery, Evaluation
- Strong interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment on multiple projects with changing priorities with the ability to work both on a team (as member and/or leader) and independently to deliver results.
- Some travel required.
- 5-7+ years' work experience in the areas of training design, training delivery, group facilitation and employee/management/leadership development.
- Preferred experience in corporate Talent Management/Learning/L&D/HR or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of business grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Good understanding of Google tools (Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc).
- Experience working with SuccessFactors LMS is a plus.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in an HR or OD related discipline
- Background in learning theory/course facilitation
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Location: Remote (US based only)
Country: United States