WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Harmonix @ Epic
As part of Epic, Harmonix is working to create and enable all types of interactive music experiences in Unreal Engine, Fortnite and beyond. Our ideal candidate will have a deep well of knowledge concerning game development, and also bring a passion for music and creative empowerment for both players and developers alike.
In this role, you will
- Be responsible for the overall success of your team.
- Mentor and coach a team of engineers, making everyone around you better.
- Be a primary hub for communication and information that other disciplines can come to for guidance.
- Play a strong role in improving overall team velocity and build health. Be a force multiplier by way of concrete actions.
- Promote efficient and timely delivery of core game systems, and speak up when the team is over or under-scoped.
- Distill high-level feature requests into meaningful, actionable work-items, and delegate to the team effectively.
- Ensure the technical approach being proposed for a given feature satisfies both the surface-level, and deeper, engineering-specific requirements.
- Propose architecture and lead the vision for the different game systems needed to deliver features.
- Be able and willing to jump-in and participate in writing code when necessary.
What we’re looking for
- Experience developing games professionally, and shipping AAA titles
- Experience leading a team of gameplay engineers on shipped AAA titles
- A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect game systems and tools
- Experience/interest in full stack development, including UI/UX through backend
- Well versed in games and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games (an interest in online games is preferred)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Console experience
- Performance profiling and optimization experience
- Experience working on a live service game
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
- Keen interest in games and music
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed