Lead Gameplay Programmer
With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. The team that created Divinity: Original Sin 2, PC Gamer’s Game of the Year 2017 and Metacritic’s top-rated PC game of 2017, is working on new projects and looking for new talents.
We engage our players on every level with combat, exploration, puzzles and dialogue. To take our player engagement to new and greater heights, we need your help. We want to find passionate, skillful people to join us on our next adventure and are now looking for a Lead Gameplay Programmer for our Saint Petersburg studio.
- Lead, mentor and coach Saint Petersburg Gameplay team
- Assist with recruiting of Gameplay programmers
- Manage code reviews and code features documentation
- Work on all aspects of Gameplay systems of an RPG — design, development and support
- Work in tandem with Larian Studios other programming leads
- Work closely together with other departments to implement required game components
- Work together with the UI designers on the in-game UIs
- Write robust and maintainable code
- Be an active participant in design and production of the game — technical side of creative team!
- Communicate in English and Russian freely
- Safeguard company assets including source code, art work, tools, technical know-how
- 5+ years Game Development experience
- 2+ years in Lead or Managerial role
- Expert in C++
- Excellent feel for RPG systems and gameplay in general
- Open minded, willing to experiment and iterate over a specific feature
- Concepts as state machines, pathfinding, AI routines should be second nature
- Ability to think like a designer to create compelling and fun game play
- Upper-intermediate English
- You are a team player and willing to take responsibility
- Passion for making and playing great games
- Excellent software design and problem-solving skills
- Excellent software debugging skills
- Enjoy coaching and mentoring
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Apply for this job
Location: Saint Petersburg
Date posted: 2022-01-20