The job is for a Lead Gameplay Programmer in the metaverse group at Improbable. The role involves creating gameplay programmer processes, pipelines, and discipline, collaborating with other teams, giving constructive critique on gameplay features, ensuring the team follows industry standard software engineering processes, and mentoring other gameplay programmers. The ideal candidate should have experience in game development, leadership, and people management. Improbable values diversity and does not discriminate based on various factors.
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
- Lead by example, through your work other engineers should understand best practices.
- Calm and measured in their approach to the work.
- Own the morale and tone within the gameplay team.
- Driving the team forwards with exemplary leadership and people management.
- Communicative and insightful about the project and the challenges.
- Constructive and helpful to less experienced members of the team.
- Constructive and forthright about Improbable, the project, and the team.
Why You Were Made for This:
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of Gameplay Programmer processes, pipelines, and discipline.
- Collaborate with Design, Art, Animation, Audio, QA and work in tandem when needed.
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the gameplay features within the game.
- Display a high degree of discipline in ensuring the team is following industry standard software engineering processes.
- Drive the team to create consistent, high quality gameplay features in industry standard timelines.
- Own the overarching delivery plan for gameplay within the game.
- Mentor other gameplay programmers.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - Poland
Date found: 2023-04-29