The job is for a Lead Gameplay Programmer in a metaverse group at Improbable. The team is responsible for creative, production, engineering, and operations aspects of the metaverse. The Lead Gameplay Programmer will be responsible for creating processes, pipelines, and discipline for gameplay programming, communicating software requirements to other departments, collaborating with other teams, giving constructive critique on gameplay features, ensuring industry standard software engineering processes are followed, and mentoring other gameplay programmers. The ideal candidate should have exemplary leadership and people management skills, be communicative and insightful about the project and challenges, and display a high degree of discipline in ensuring the team follows industry standard software engineering processes.
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
- Lead by example, through your work other engineers should understand best practices.
- Calm and measured in their approach to the work.
- Own the morale and tone within the gameplay team
- Driving the team forwards with exemplary leadership and people management.
- Communicative and insightful about the project and the challenges.
- Constructive and helpful to less experienced members of the team.
- Constructive and forthright about Improbable, the project, and the team.
Why You Were Made for This:
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of Gameplay Programmer processes, pipelines, and discipline.
- Communicate the status of software requirements and process to other departments.
- Collaborate with Design, Art, Animation, Audio, QA and work in tandem when needed.
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the gameplay features within the game.
- Display a high degree of discipline in ensuring the team is following industry standard software engineering processes.
- Drive the team to create consistent, high quality gameplay features in industry standard timelines.
- Own the overarching delivery plan for gameplay within the game.
- Mentor other gameplay programmers
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - UK
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-03-17