About FunPlus Barcelona
Do you like adventure? Are you looking for a chance to unleash your creativity? Are you passionate about building things from scratch and want to make history in the gaming space?
FunPlus is opening a new studio in Barcelona with the goal of building the next generation of mobile casual games. We are looking to build a core team who will play an integral role in laying the foundations and defining the culture and foundation for a successful venture in Barcelona. We are searching for top talent who are looking for an entrepreneurial environment backed by one of the most successful mobile gaming companies in the world. This is an incredible opportunity to get in on the frontlines of building a new studio and new games!
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Lead Game Developer with a strong background in Unity to join our team at our new video game studio. Our focus is on creating innovative puzzle games for the casual mobile market.
As the Lead Game Developer, you will lead the development of the next generation of casual mobile games. We believe in fast iteration to build a truly original and successful game. As such you will have the ability to explore and test ideas very quickly, knowing when to pursue an idea to the next level and when to kill an idea and try something totally new. The role will involve the implementation of methodologies and the creation of workflows for efficient testing and development of scalable high quality games.
We are looking for a natural leader with an entrepreneurial mindset who can help to drive the creative process of the studio.
- Lead the development of next generation casual games for mobile using Unity from concept to launch.
- Actively participate in the studio creation, from game design to strategy and production philosophy.
- Always look for a hit, even if that implies regularly killing prototypes.
- Create the first tools that will allow fast prototyping and iterations
- Own the technology decisions of the project for testing new ideas quickly
- Deep understanding and experience in different areas (gameplay, optimization, bundling/asset management, tools, pipelines, data mining, etc.)
- Monitor and optimize game performance, stability and functionality.
- Review and discuss production priorities, timelines, and scope with other game leaders.
- Have a startup mentality and want to foster a similar environment.
- 5+ years of experience in game development, with a strong focus on Unity.
- A solid understanding of the current gaming market and free-to-play monetization.
- Strong programming skills, including experience with C# or other relevant languages.
- Previous mobile experience with an excellent understanding of mobile / free to play games development in the casual genre.
- Passionate about building new and innovative games from scratch.
- Able to lead, motivate and evangelize a team in scrum and agile methodology with a high-performance execution focus.
- Experience building tools and pipelines to improve efficiency and productivity within a development team.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Passion for creating innovative and engaging puzzle games.
- Excellent problem solver, strong leader and team player. Solutions driven.
Perks of your new adventure
- Flexible working hours - We know you have other quests and fun activities in your life, as long as you get your job done, flex away.
- Multicultural teams - With so many offices around the world, you will have opportunities to engage and learn from your global colleagues
- Diverse team events - Barcelona has the reputation of fun, and this office is determined to keep up that reputation.
- International and expert leadership - You can’t create legends without legendary leadership.
- Creative environment - This is entertainment after all folks!
- Excellent benefits - Restaurants, parties and music oh my!
- And we are dog-friendly!
FunPlus is a world-class, independent game developer and publisher with more than 2,000 team members worldwide. FunPlus is home to KingsGroup studio who develops hugely popular mobile strategy titles including State of Survival, King of Avalon and Guns of Glory. In 2021 FunPlus acquired Imagendary Studios working on its first original AAA development.
FunPlus is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. We respect all individuals and seek their inclusion in the workplace.
Location: Barcelona, Spain