The Pokémon Company International
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Lead Game Designer
- Job Summary: This role will lead creation of Pokémon Trading Card Game products and experiences in the core/hobby channel ensuring that those products and experiences align with business and design goals with unwavering attention to theme, quality, and the needs of our players.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Lead creation and execution of Pokémon TCG products and experiences in the core/hobby channel, from the end to end:
- Lead creation and communication of high level strategies behind products and experiences
- Lead creation and execution of actionable product/experience plans to guide cross-functional product development and marketing efforts
- Lead creation and communication of compelling product/experience stories to help sell those products/experiences to customers, both internal and external
- Lead proofing and other QC processes to ensure that products/experiences meet the highest quality standards.
- Lead assessment of Pokemon TCG products/experiences, including utilizing user feedback, market research, and data & analytics to create clear actionable items to improve products, experiences, and design processes.
What you’ll bring
- Eight (8) to eleven (11) years of related professional experience, including significant experience in working on TCGs
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Strong knowledge of TPCi games and brand, specifically for TCGs.
- Interest in all things gaming from mobile to tabletop and wider industry trends with a specific passion for crafting amazing gaming experiences for TCGs!
- Proven ability to lead innovative game designs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to synthesize game-play data to improve the game as necessary
- Experience leading design and development of products for the core/hobby gaming market
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $107,000.00 - $162,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Location: Bellevue, Washington, United States
Country: United States