We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021, 2022 & 2023!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 300 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
We are looking for a Lead Game Designer to work on Wooga’s next hit game. As part of the game’s leadership team, you will contribute to the production, launch and growth of the game by owning the design vision and mentoring a team of highly talented Game Designers. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to contribute to the creation and development of a new game before it enters the market.
About the role
- Own the design vision for Wooga’s latest game production.
- Lead the adaptation of the game vision into effective designs and engaging features.
- Foster a design approach that is player-centric, data-informed and iterative.
- Facilitate working with Writing and Product Management to ensure our designs are aligned with player motivations and business needs.
- Maintain a holistic view of the game’s design and address improvement potentials.
- Inspire and manage a team of highly talented designers with various specializations.
- Guide multiple direct reports with their day-to-day work and support them in their career development.
- Run playtests, competitor analyses and goal-oriented design discussions.
- Be a member of the game’s leadership team along with other discipline experts.
- Work with the leadership team to establish team workflows and project goals.
- Contribute to the formation of a resilient and self-empowered team culture.
- You have worked on casual mobile free-to-play games during various development phases (especially in pre-production and production).
- You have led and managed Game Designers, ideally with different specialisations and seniority levels.
- You have substantial experience with agile development and cross-disciplinary team collaboration.
- You have a passion for casual mobile free-to-play games and strongly empathise with the needs of the players.
- You play casual mobile free-to-play games habitually to stay current on emerging game trends, new mechanics, and innovative monetisation techniques.
- You have an in-depth knowledge of gameplay and feature design, game pacing, balancing, as well as game systems and how they interact.
- You have a strong analytical mindset that allows you to build an effective and KPIs-driven collaboration on crucial design decisions with the cross-functional team
- You are goal-oriented and you are proactive into looking beyond your immediate tasks to ensure the team's success.
- You are an excellent communicator and can express your thoughts clearly and comprehensively, be it in one-on-ones, team meetings or presentations.
- You cherish feedback and constantly look for opportunities to learn and grow.
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 57 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!